Sunday 10 October 2010

Choirs,Birthdays & Cake

I have just celebrated another birthday - yes, I am 21 again!!! It was a weekend of contrasts and I have had a brilliant time.
On Friday I attended my monthly Arthritis Care Social Evening (I am Treasurer for the Newcastle branch). We had arranged for The Tyneside Ladies Barbershop Harmony Chorus to entertain our members and they were brilliant.


and then.... I headed off to the Night Life of Newcastle Quayside to meet up with some girlfriends for a drink or two! They had been out since 7.30 so by the time I arrived were well ahead of me in terms of alcohol consumption! I had driven down so just enjoyed one small glass of wine before waving them off to the next pub! It was great to see them all again and catch up with the gossip!

La Tasca, Newcastle Quayside

On Saturday I enjoyed the company of over 20 members of the Knitting Group that now meet at The Knit Studio - some of whom, left, shopped, had their hair done and then returned for more tea and biscuits.

When I got home this enormous cake was waiting for me, along with presents and cards.


Anyone like a piece??

Anyway.... I have had a loverly, birthday weekend - thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Anne, Happy Birthday to you!

    Your varied and various activities sound like lots of fun, and your cake looks delicious. I look forward to receiving my piece, thanks for offering! (Just kidding.)

    I hope the afterglow continues for a good long while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dahlink...how could I forget! Will you forgive me please and let me make it up to you when I come in November and let me take you out.
    Anyhow's...here is a belated happy birthday and could to see that you are same age as me (21) now.
    Tons of birthday hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete