Sunday 30 January 2011

A Glimpse of My Week

Well, what a busy week we are having. It is so good to have mum and dad here and to spend some time with them. It has been a bit hectic here, and I sometimes think life in Newcastle may be a bit too busy for them!
However, here are a few photos of what has been happening in the last week.

Saturday Morning Knitting Group @ The Knit Studio 22nd January.

Mum's Christmas Present Scarf

Coffee and Cake at Debenhams

Cute card received from a dear friend

New yarn arrives at The Knit Studio


100% Silk                                                       100% Linen




'Magic' Range of superwash 4ply 

And, there has actually been some knitting going on!
I have been knitting this all week in the evenings, and I love it!

I also 'christened' my Christmas present mug! How cool is this?
There seems to be a bit of colour co-ordination going on, doesn't there? It is quite unintentional!

And finally, a word about our belated christmas Dinner. Even the cats are beginning to wonder - Mittens is offering himself up to be the table centre piece! Look how worried Pebbles looks - it's a kind of 'Ooo you are going to get into such trouble!' look, isn't it?
The poor turkey has been squashed in the freezer since December, and today finally he will be revealed! You know what it's like in a busy household - you think you have a day sorted when everyone is free - then, something unexpected but important crops up. Today was to be our Christmas day - but is now postponed til tomorrow evening. As I type, Sarah is heading towards Stockport, in Cheshire to play in a Basketball match and will not get home until 9.00pm this evening. (Good luck Sarah).
This does mean that now, mum and I are free to partake in a little retail therapy - Royal Quays beckons..... Enjoy the rest of your weekend - and thanks for all your lovely comments!



5 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds like you and your mam had a grand time. On the linen front, do you think there's any chance of getting a laceweight linen in the UK? Something along these lines?
    http://stores.localneedle.com/-strse-Yarn-by-Manufacturer-cln-Louet-cln-Euroflax/Categories.bok

    I would like to knit one of those oversized linen scarves that are everywhere at the moment.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you had a busy week and you are finally on the mend? The yarn looks lushes and I love what you are knitting, please post when finished. The cats look very troubled indeed, not sure if they are worried to be told off for sitting on table or just unhappy for lack of attention.
    Hope Sarah's game went well and speak this week.
    Hugs and xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very busy week. Hope the Christmas meal goes well. Love the cat expressions, I'm sure they just need a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have eventually had a good time with your parents, you were so down the day I popped in to buy yarn and you had made the decision that fetching them from down south was not going to happen.
    I did finish the kidsilk(palepink) shawl before New Year, sorry I haven't been in to show it to you but all sorts of things conspiring to keep me occupied.
    Hope to be in to see you soon, I have been making Elliotts to use up left over sock yarn (4 to date) 2 already have new homes.
    kind regards Miriam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had (and are still having?) a great time with your parents. The shop looks great, and I LOVE that mug! Do you sell them? I also laughed out loud at worried Pebbles. Cats aren't always the independent don't-care-if-I-do-get-in-trouble creatures they are said to be!

    ReplyDelete