Saturday 1 January 2011

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo!

Mmmmm, which one to choose? They are all so lovely and make me feel happy just looking at them!

Yes, the sun will shine this year, and yes, I will have some fabby, summery clothes to wear, and yes! they will fit!
In the quietness that was New Year's Day Morning I took a little trip down to The Knit Studio. It only takes ten minutes from home and even less today, it was a green light journey. All the traffic lights I had to pass through were green!and when your journey has seven, yes, seven! to get green lights is marvellous. This does not happen very often so I am taking it as a sign - today will be a good day!
I needed to visit for a number of reasons, I hadn't really cleared up from before Christmas as I had been feeling so ill. The bins needed emptying of all the left over Christmas Party food and bottles. It needed a bit of a tidy. As usual I cannot do things by halves, and within an hour there were bags of yarn on the table, bolts of fabric at one end and pattern books and a huge mug of coffee in the middle and THEN !!!! cue the Fire Alarm! Yes, that's right the Fire Alarm!!! EEEEK! Now, for those of you who have been to Blackfriars, you will know that to access the Cloisters there is a little archway which has a Metal Gate at each end. Today, because of the date, these gates were locked meaning that I was the only inhabitant of Blackfriars. So.....I went outside to look around, peer through the Restaurant windows, listen at other peoples' doorways, sniff the air for signs of smoke and nothing! Apart, that is from the sound of sirens getting louder and louder. Because I am in an Ancient Scheduled Monument, the Fire and Burglar Alarms are hooked up for a 'Rapid Response' and it certainly was!!! Can you imagine the puzzlement on the Fire Crew's faces as I unlocked the Ancient Gates??? It did have humorous overtones, really, it did. Anyway, cutting what could be a long story short - no smoke, no fire, and a nice chat with some firemen. How was your day?
Getting back to the material, in a mad impulse I cut myself some skirt and top lengths and my only task now, is to decide which to cut out first.
Oh, and Happy New Year to you all!!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm they are a tiny bit fabulous! Sounds like a fun day Anne he he, looking forward to popping in sometime soon...gutted I missed the firemen!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting!

    Happy New Year to you too! May it be filled to the brim with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. False alarms and all green lights - sounds like a very auspicious start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabrics Nr 1 and 2 (from the bottom) are on my sofa as big comfy cushions... :-)

    ReplyDelete