Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sunshine & Flowers

We have been enjoying some brilliant weather here in Newcastle upn Tyne. It has been much warmer then 'seasonal norms' and my garden has suddenly sprung into life! Last year my mum advised me to leave the garden for a year and just wait to see what plants and flowers appeared, which is what I did and I kept a photo Diary. The intention being, this year, take some plants out, plant some new ones, get a Greenhouse, create a vegetable Plot etc etc. It kind of looks like, I may be too busy to do much this year. So the Photo Diary begins again. Here are a few of the lovely plants I can see as I type this.




Pretty and colourful aren't they?

But, lurking away in the bottom of the garden in an old sink, I found these.....
Yes, they are strawberries! Or strozzers as dad likes to call them! I am amazed, after all the snow and low temperatures and being neglected they are growing merrily away! Just have to keep the birds away, this year.

Last week was the Secret Spring Chicken Swap at the Tuesday night Knitting Group who meet in the Bridge Pub in Newcastle - It was sooo exciting, lots of beautifully wrapped parcels, lots of chickens and lots of gorgeous yarns. I think we caused a bit of stir during the parcel opening ceremony ( all parcels were opened one at a time so that we could all appreciate the contents ) the amount of oooos and aaaaaahs that we made!
Parcels, before opening.

Charlie, the chicken waiting for his pint.

Still waiting!

I made this little chicken for my swap partner not even thinking that it reveals my identity straight away! There are some of his extended family living at The Knit Studio. Never mind, I organised this swap and it was good fun watching everyone open their packages. My parcel contained a lovely silver badge enscribed I Love Knitting, and a ball of yarn - I love it. I am having difficulty taking a photo but will post as soon as I can - you will want one!



Comment Replies

Hieke You will be interested to know Her Magister, the Queen regularly attends the Saturday Morning Knitting Group and is available for photos!

Shiela Mittens has become very fond of his shoe box, Pebbles does try it out for size, but does not stay in long enough for a photo shoot!






1 comment:

  1. It looks as if Charlie is right at home. Your garden seems to be doing OK I neglected my garden last year apart from the veg. It's lovely fiding the little gems you had forgotten all about. The dandelions seem to be loving my garden.

    ReplyDelete